Wednesday, April 8, 2009

KC Willis Collage Camp!!!

KC Willis is offering a workshop on the Ning network! Here is what the class is all about!! The title of this post is linked right to her workshop!!

The KC Willis Collage Camp is an extension of my art line called Lipstick Ranch. This art celebrates the women of yesteryear, with a special love and emphasis on the Women of the West. You, of course can use any family image you love or any image in Public Domain. We will go over step-by-step the making of a 16x20 piece. The techniques are such that in the end the work you will make will look old and weathered with luscious layers of fabrics, collages and embellishments.

You join the artist's group here at The Camp when you pay your registration. Once the videos are up you can watch them at your leisure and be involved with the Camp Community as much or as little as you like. You will make friends and you will be inspired by the work that will be done here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly, I am from Cheticamp, Nova Scotia! I would be interested in following this workshop, can I have more details?

Shelley said...

Hi Paula,

Wow you are way up there! My husband is from Whycocomagh! What do you ride for a bike? My husband has been hounding me for years to get my bike licence! I am just as happy to be on the back! :o) Your work is beautiful by the way and I love the pictures of your shop, very pretty spot! :o)

The title of this post will take you directly to the workshops main page where you can find out all the details. I can not wait to start. The videos are not posted yet. They are going up around the 10th of May I think.

Shelley

Anonymous said...

HI Shelley! You HAVE to go for your license! I have a Suzuki M50 , it's an 800 cc ,I had an old 84 Virago 750 prior to that .That's what I learnt with.What a difference when I got my new one! Do you guys ever come to Cape Breton? We drive around Whycocomagh quite often, we love it around the Bras d'or lakes, we have been known to do the Cabot Trail at least 10 times a year though, right on our doorstep! I love your work too by the way, it's great to touch base with local primitive crafters, I think we are somewhat of a rare breed! Will check out the link to the workshop info, let's keep in touch, maybe we'll be hooking up for a motorcycle ride sometime! My husband rides too by the way, we are always looking for new riding friends!